Thursday, February 17, 2011

It Doesn't Have to Hurt

So here I am at 2:30 in the morning in the midst of a working week thinking that you should have stayed. You know life gets complicated at times and during those times you wish you had a hand to hold, a shoulder to lean on and perhaps a friend to talk to. All because you get trapped in the web of life and it gets hard to break through.

Have you ever experienced when the train is at your station and the doors close right before your eyes and because of all the crowd its almost impossible to get yourself out of it. Its not a nice feeling I have been feeling that way lately. Its hard to explain. I don't know as to where I am going with this but I still think you should have stayed.

And no I am not a victim of love. I am not someone who is here to tell her sob story to the world. Because that's not who I am. I don't believe in sob stories because everyone of us has a damn story. The sixty something year old man I see everyday in the bus who often wears a 2500 Hugo Boss suit has a story. The homeless guy who begs in front of Forever 21 at Yonge-Dundas Square has a story as well. I just don't know their stories but that doesn't mean they don't have one. I don't know why I started writing about people having stories when I simply don't know them but I started this post with a single thought which is that I really think you should have stayed.

Its been a very harsh few months. We all know that life isn't fair. I know that. You know that. Even all the Bliebers around the world know that because Bieber didn't win a single Grammy. Not that he deserved to at all. But somehow we need solid reminders of that every now then. That's life. And in life people come and go but with some people you really wish that they had stayed. 

Its funny that I had this reoccurring dream last fall. In that dream I would bump into you and give you a tight hug but before any words get spoken my dream would end because I would wake up feeling nostalgic. Feeling sad. Feeling loved. And feeling happy. All at the same time. But I always wondered as to what it is that we would have said to each other.

So I had the same dream last night. And again this time no words were exchanged and yet thoughts were. You and I suddenly became mind readers and without saying a word we were able to tell as to what exactly was going on. Yep I knew what you were thinking.

Yep. this is it....

Sure its unpredictable as hell but love doesn't always mean pain. You hear me? It does not have to hurt as bad as it did. It doesn't.

Hence the after thought... You should have stayed. Because love doesn't hurt.

Anymore.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lovely :)

Pesto Sauce said...

Been here after long

Hmmm...somethings should have stayed

Aych said...

Maybe it would've hurt if the stay was possible.

UnderTheSameSky said...

I love this post, for so many reasons, but mostly because it almost feels as if I wrote it.